23 October, 2010

douchebags or perspective?

I was reading an Essence magazine article this past week from the October issue which had a whole heep of information on what black men/brothers like in women and a relationship. Besides all these amazing and non-informative statistics (I mean, it was fun to read some of the info, but I didn't get an idea of where the pool of stats were being pulled from...) And ever the over-analytic pisces that I am, I really can't take the info as the 'troof'... Cause I KNOW black men (and men period) differ in perspective/outlook based on their geographic location... (correct me if I'm wrong)


But either way, here are some fun facts about 'Inside the Male Mind'! (yes, I am being selective)


24% of Black men said they do not feel appreciated by Black women 


56% are bothered by the hair weaves


55% said they would respect a man who had a successful marriage over a successful career


43% of Black men thought 30-35 is the ideal age to get married. (median for the American man is 28)


56% thought sex was definitely better in a relationship


Over-analytical me says:
To Black women appreciation- uuh, so- what about the majority percentage of that answer- what do they think? In order for me to really believe this, I would need to know what the other 76% think in that survey... But hey guys! Did you know its more difficult for a woman get preggos as she gets closure to 40?? You're effin up my life plan with this 30-35 thing. Cause according to this survey, you seem to think a successful marriage is more important than a successful career?


I'm all kinds of messed up with this one. Or maybe I'm just defensive?... haha























EXPERIENCE GAINED: reality check

1 comment:

  1. hmmmmm this is rather interesting. Ugh Essence can be rather annoying with these articles. Poop

    ReplyDelete