17 June, 2010

got off on the wrong side of the train



you ever wake up in the morning feeling normal. 

day at the office- fine.

As soon as you mentally shut down and head for home- the weird shit starts happening...

I guess the precursor was when I took some time to talk to a close friend on the phone and everywhere I went 1) a smoker decided to stand right in front of me or 2) all the trucks that ever go through the neighborhood just keep passing by and honking or reversing... I get back to the office and start drafting an email that (I KNOW) I should not be drafting. Because once you draft something- it always gets sent!

End of day. You hit that revolving door and step out onto that pavement. Breathe. And have that first sigh of freedom...

My intuition starts tingling, but I'm thinking its my excitement to go home...

Get on the train, but can't figure out WHAT to play on my ipod. (that's when you know your mind is going crazy...when you can't even get the playlist right... (And I have 15 on my ipod))Take the express when I need the local.Start reading my book.Then just started brainstorming an event idea (I'm feeling inspired) Get off-get on again.BK style rush pass this lady to get a seat.Start writing again. 
(eef) 
the lady doesn't sit next to me. But the drunk man DOES. (at least... I think he's drunk...) 
I flip my black book open and he starts reading (how does a drunk man get nosey and manage to read?) Like a light switch that turns on...his head starts bobbin and he starts pointing to his head...He starts talking to me...thatswheniknewhewasadrunkard.... I look to my right (are his eyes half closed?) All I heard is- 'that's when ya mind starts to...' Look straight ahead-eff- the trian door just closed. 

(Keep the head phones in-look straight) The lady that was SUPPOSE to sit there- finally looks up and sees him talking to me and me blank staring HARD at the closed subway door.... Now the guy next to hear stares at me... (Keep the head phones in-look straight

HE TAPS ME!

(Did he really just touch my arm??! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeW) .I'm getting off at the next stop.

Next train car riding. Now the walk home. 

(Stopmakingeyecontactwithme) No- i dont want to talk to you... Thank you... (don't make eye contact)...Thank you... .wait. 
is that a 14 year old with a plastic cup and brown paperbag? (don't make eye contact) Damn- he's trying to holla. shaking head left to right. shaking head left to right. AAAAnd he's still walking with me.AAAAnd he's still trying to holla. Now his friend is on it. Now I'm crossing the street- the car couldn't move fast enough. dang! i still have to get chinese food? (maybe I don't have to)

Foodinhand. Now block I have to walk is a soultrain line and everyone wants a high five. (Keep the head phones in-look straight) 

EXPERIENCED GAINED: Don't take yourself so seriously. Shit happens! Drunk people talk to strangers- they're drunk!

1 comment:

  1. Never forget this moment. This seems like it came straight from out of the book you have yet to write. lol.

    Was this the day you were feeling all those emotions at one time?

    ReplyDelete