21 June, 2010

like the apple hitting Newton on his head

I have a friend who, no judgment, is one of the clumsiest people I know. So clumsy that within the first 20-30 minutes of us meeting up for a drink or for food- what's on the table has somehow also ended up on their pants or shirt... I don't know how that's possible, but I've known them so long that I have stopped noticing this tertiary trait and just started to automatically sit down at a table and move anything close to them. Anything in the path of their arm movement while they talk; anything close to the edges of the table... I would even move the wine glass when they have placed it somewhere too close for comfort. After the first 3 occasions of doing this, they never even noticed I did it because we were so use to doing it- they wouldn't even notice me move anything.


Fast forward to current day, my friend has finally discovered the Tide pen. It's like a God sent. Like the apple hitting Newton on his head... They have raved for the past few days about this amazing dicovery. And have dedicated their life to- the Tide pen.

I mean, it was created over 5 years ago. We've all seen the commercials! We've all wanted to try it. But for some reason... I just never thought to suggest it; buy it as a gag Christmas present or think to introduce this simple but efficient product to my friend. And from some reason, they just never made the connect that the Tide pen was the solution to all of their clothing mishaps! Never saw the commercial and thought "let me try that!"



EXPERIENCE GAINED:
Try new things- it can change your life!
Pay attention! There are things around you that can help make life 1) easier and 2) nicer.
Don't get so use to routine, as great of a comfort they are, you never learn anything. And you can always use that time to experience something new and exciting, thus learn about yourself and the world around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment