26 June, 2010

so hungry

life is about a battle. a display of power. who is superior- who has the greatest strength. everyday on the subway some girl is putting her hair in my book or just has her bag in my back... a guy is reaching over my head to hold the railing. the expected response is to push back-stand your ground-technically fight back to show you're stronger. Unfortunately, I find there are way more important battles to win. everyday in the office I am fighting stereotypes and pre-conceived notions of who I am and what I can do and what I can be. I believe in me. My ambition is fearless and so hungry that I can never get distracted by the little battles. the petty shit. The girl next to me angry about life- trying to stake her claim on the train (her small 2ft of territory)- is not worth the mental effort of trying to over power. Because after that 25 minute train ride. The elevator doors open and my real battle begins.

I don't believe ladders are stable enough to hold me so I'm inventing something that will take me to the top

No comments:

Post a Comment