25 August, 2010

I Will Bring a Bat

SOOOO if anyone notices.... I've been lost for a while. Like from LIFE. I can't remember the last time I was really home to chill except... like 2 weeks ago where I discovered my roommate and I will basically NOT see each other for liiiike 2 1/2 months from this point in the year moving forward.


With all this movement and long hours at work- I haven't gotten a chance to sit and think about LIFE. MY LIFE. PEOPLE. PEOPLEINMYLIFE.


Soooo I feel like its story time?


My best friends and I are the most unique group of friends I've ever encountered. We don't talk everyday or even see each other often. We are never each other's go-to wing-girls or even do things annually.... One moved to Pittsburgh and my other bff moved up the block. We went to separate colleges for 4 years each, and never spoke more than 2-4 times each semester, unless we texted, emailed, or called an emergency rant/breakdown sesh. I can text emergency and my girls will hold off plans, or MAKE TIME to see me when I need them the most. Since we've developed this type of friendship security, (but lose out on the daily memories) we've started a series of chain emails to each other.... It's like the best pen pal system EVER! We go in rotation (well,sometimes). And lately- WECANTSTOPREPLYINGALLEVERYDAY! I love it. Life is never too busy right?


SO I think the only appropriate thing to do is close out with inspiraitonal words- right? Cause all we need in life are some inspirational words to get by... hahaaaa


Big up to my besties, and shout out to them for THEIR inspirational, irrational, and blindly loyal words!


EXPERIENCE BEING GAINED: "One thing for all of us to remember in our separate life journeys, yet together like a trinity is...to take time to do what we can't do without while we do what we gotta do."  ..... 'If you get upset or you can't do without a bubble bath, make time for a bubble bath every week, make time to do some personal reading, make time for family b/c life is a story of busy, you're never not gonna be busy so you might as well make time for yourself'. In short, DO YOU, while running the rat wheel!"

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this...I beyond agree that we all should make time for ourselves. As India Arie would say "get back to the middle" :-)

    ReplyDelete