22 December, 2010

...true story...


I heard the funniest statement about female and male interactions from a new found friend and it got me thinking.

They said:
'Women have it so easy. They get into the club for free; they get drinks specials all night; and if they cute- dudes will buy them drinks. Plus all they have to do is sit back and let guys approach to them to show interest."

Honestly, I was just baffled. Like...(Damn)...TRUE.. But is it really all that simple for females?? Like when it comes to guys, #1 concern is competition-right? Like guys think that 'there's always something better or they always have a side piece'. We have guy friends- we see what they do/ how they talk when they're single.

I say why the hell not! Come to me. Because sometimes that's all the power we have in the male-female interactions. With all the 'competition out there', the least a guy can do is approach us and put himself out there a little first.

But ladies think about this- after a little back and forth, my friend say:
"The least girls could do if we have to approach them is give us a sign they are interested. So we're not standing to the side wondering and approach the wrong person
."

VALID POINT AGAIN huh?





LESSON LEARNED: Male/female interactions ain't easy. We all have our hang ups. Get over it, and go after it!



1 comment:

  1. I'm not so sure that women have it easy these days anymore - this might just be a Philly thing though, lol. I def can't remember the last time that I went to a club and got in for free or someone blessed me with a few drinks. In fact men have flat out asked me to buy them drinks! The nerve of them, lol! Now I don't mind buying a guy a drink, or two, but it has to be on my terms and I have to be interested in him to some degree.
    In many aspects women do have it easy. We sit back and wait for guys to approach us while we give them the yay or nay. They put their ego's on the line and deal with the rejection. I'm not sure if I've ever tried to 'pick-up' a guy. I get too nervous and I'm not sure if I can handle the rejection. I take my hat off to men for having the courage to approach us.

    ReplyDelete